Washington University, Loop Student Living Initiative
St. Louis, Missouri
Ross & Baruzzini engineered the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems as well as the IT, Communications, and Security systems for four new buildings that are part of a mixed-use development in the Delmar “Loop” District of University City, north of the Washington University Danforth Campus. The four buildings total roughly 200,000sf and house approximately 450 students in a mixture of single, double, and triple apartment units. Two of the buildings located on Delmar Avenue house a mix of retail tenants at the street level, including a grocery store, cafe and diner. The project also included an underground parking structure under two of the buildings.
- LEED Platinum Certification
- 47% energy cost savings compared to ASHRAE 90.1-2007 baseline requirements
- $162,000 annual energy cost savings compared to baseline
- <10 year overall life cycle cost payback
- Verified energy savings with actual measured data July 2015 – June 2016
Photo Credits: William Rawn Associates, Architects, Inc.
View all projects or click your browser’s back button to return to filtered projects.