Our team is providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection (MEPFP), and low voltage systems engineering services for the new Woodbury County Law Enforcement Center Complex in Sioux City, Iowa. The first phase of the $59 million facility includes Justice Center with Jail, Courts, and Sheriff's Offices with support facilities - kitchen, laundry, intake/booking, medical, visitation, etc. The project was executed with a construction manager and competitively bid.
Professional engineering services include Schematic Design, Design Developments, Construction Documents, Bidding, and Construction Administration Services. Design deliverables included:
- Code Analysis
- Revit Drawings
- Technical Specifications
- Cost Estimate Review
Construction Administration Services included:
- Review of contractor submittals
- Field observations at the project site with field observation reports
- Providing technical assistance to the contractor and responding to the contractor's Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Performing final field observation at project completion and preparing a punch list of items found not in conformance with the contract documents
- Preparation of record drawings from contractor-supplied field data
Subsequent phases will include additional housing pods, mental health unit, juvenile unit, and administrative building.