Ross & Baruzzini designed the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection systems for a major renovation and addition to the iconic Assembly Hall, home to the Hoosier basketball program and other athletics. The most visible renovations focus on the main lobby entrance, which will be completely replaced. The new lobby will provide a grand entrance to the facility along with amenities such as a Hall of Champions display area for memorabilia. Suites will be added within the arena seating along with meeting and event spaces.
Other renovations throughout the building support aesthetic upgrades plus numerous improvements to the building systems:
- Replacement of three main air handling units
- Replacement of steam entrance and heat exchangers
- Replacement of chilled water and hot water pumps
- Replacement of domestic water heating system
- Separation of grease waste from general sanitary system
- Addition of fire protection at egress paths
- Replacement of fire alarm throughout the entire building
LEED Gold Certification was achieved for this project.