Our team won the bid and was awarded a contract to assist the City with an upgrade to its voice and data network. We provided the City:
- a technical/services review resulting in a technical gap analysis
- a needs analysis via interviews with over 20 departments and 12 other key leadership and IT individuals, resulting in a functional gap analysis
- an assessment of the City’s current vendors
- a market study of potential solutions, manufactures, and vendors
- estimates for capital and operating costs to fit within a $36 million-dollar budget
- technical specifications for a multi-purpose (UC system, contact center, and data network) Request for Proposal
- assistance with evaluation, vendor selection, and contract negotiations for a new Unified Communications system and new L2 and L3 data network electronics.
The RFP specifications and evaluation process include site-specific details for 240 locations. The UC solution was replacing a legacy system that had been in place for over 20 years, which required careful planning of how to deploy the new capabilities. Because the City of Phoenix had selected Microsoft Skype for Business as the primary desktop tool for the user experience, the solutions needed to address integration and operational issues.